2. Privacy of Children
Our Site and Services are not intended for children. You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to use the Site and/or Services related to the Site. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a user is under age eighteen (18), we will promptly delete any personal information in that user’s account. No information obtained by this Site falls within the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and is not monitored as doing so.
3. What is Personal Information?
4. Categories of Information We Collect
- Identifiers and contact information, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, or social media IDs;
- Purchase or other commercial information, such as the items you purchase, shipping address, and contact information (such as for receipts or order updates);
- Payment information, such as your payment method and payment information (such as debit or credit card number and information), and billing address, though please note that we do not store any such information as all payments are handled by Stripe, who also stores all payment information. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we do store your public key if you have linked a digital wallet to your account;
- Preference information, such as your contact and marketing preferences, interests, opinions, and brand and merchandise interests;
- Profile and account information, which may include contact, purchase, and preference information as well as your account password and other information about your profile or account;
- Communications and interactions, which may include feedback, comments, testimonials, reviews, email messages, chat sessions, text messages, and phone calls that we exchange with you;
- Demographic information, which may include age or birthdays, gender, ZIP code, and other information about you;
- Customer surveys, we may periodically conduct both business and individual customer surveys. Your personal information and responses will remain strictly confidential, even if the survey is conducted by a third party. Participation in our customer surveys is voluntary;
- Call recordings, , including information about your call and that you share when you call us on the phone;
- Location or geolocation information of your device that you use to access our Site, if your device settings allow us to collect location information;
- Device and browsing information and other Internet activity information including information about your phone, tablet, computer, or device, and online browsing activity (collectively, “automatically collected information”). Automatically collected information may include IP addresses, unique device identifiers, cookie identifiers, device and browser settings and information, and Internet service provider information. Automatically collected information also may include information about when and how you access and use our Site, such as the date and time of your visit or use, the websites you visit before coming and after leaving our Site, how you navigate and what you search for using our Site, the Site pages and items you view using our Site, and the items you purchase;
- Inferences about any of the information above that may relate to your preferences, or other matters. We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends and to learn more about the demographics of our users.
If you do not provide us your personal data, you may not be able to register for an account and some features of the Site may be unavailable to you.
5. How We Collect Information (Sources)
We collect information on our Site and during calls and communications with you. We also obtain information from you and from third parties. For example, we collect and obtain information:
- You provide, such as when you make a purchase, interact with a salesperson, visit or contact us, register for an online account, participate in a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey, engage in a promotional activity, apply for employment, or sign up for emails or marketing;
- From Wi-Fi and mobile devices, such as information about your device when you use our Site or Services;
- From third parties, such as service providers that we use, analytics companies, advertising networks and cooperatives, demographic companies, third parties that provide us with information about you and the different devices you use online, and other third parties that we choose to collaborate or work with;
- From social media platforms and networks that you use in connection with our Site or mobile application, or that share or allow you to share information with us, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. For example, if you use functionalities, plugins, widgets, or tools from social media platforms or networks in connection with our Site (e.g., to log into an account, or to share inspiration, finds, purchases, and other content with your friends and followers on social media), we will collect the information that you share with us, or that those social media platforms or networks share with us. For more information about social media platform and network privacy practices, please review the privacy policies and settings of the social media platforms and networks that you use;
- Using cookies and automatic collection methods. For example, we and third parties we work with may collect information from the computer, tablet, phone, or other device that you use to access our Site or use our Services, or that you use to open an email or click on an advertisement from us. Methods we use include:
- Cookies (which may be session-based or persistent, and are typically small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in connection with your Internet browser);
- Web beacons or tags (small images embedded into websites or emails that send information about your computer, tablet, phone, or other device when you visit our website, use or mobile application, or open an email we send to you);
- Website and mobile application log files (which we tend to create automatically in connection with access to and use of our website and mobile application);
- Flash cookies or Local Stored Objects (which may be placed using Adobe Flash software — learn more about privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies here);
- Other technologies (which may be similar to or different than the methods noted above).
6. How We Use Information
We use the information that we collect to conduct our business and to provide you with the best possible products, services and experiences. We also may combine any or all of the information that we collect or obtain. Examples of how we use information include:
- To provide you with products and services, such as to: fulfill your orders and process your payments; process, maintain and service your account(s); and to provide you with products and services that we think you will like
- To respond to you, such as when you: place an order; call us; make a request or inquiry; enter a contest or sweepstakes; complete a survey; or share a comment or concern;
- For personalization of your experiences with us, including to: remember your interests and preferences; customize the products and services we share with you; facilitate your interactions with our salespeople; track and categorize your activity and interests on our Site, including by identifying the different devices you use; and to enrich your experience on our Site;
- For marketing and advertising, such as to: send you marketing and advertising communications, and to customize the marketing and advertising that we show you (we offer choices about marketing and advertising as noted in the Your Choices section below);
- For analytics, such as to: understand how you use our Site and our Services; understand how you shop with us; determine the methods and devices used to access our Site; troubleshoot technical difficulties and errors; and improve Site functionality;
- For our business purposes, such as: to operate and improve upon our business and lawful business activities; to maintain our programs, accounts, and records; for research; to determine your satisfaction with our products and Services; to detect and prevent fraud or misuse of our Services; and for any other business purpose that is permitted by law;
- For legal and safety purposes, such as to: defend or protect us, our customers, you, or third parties, from harm or in legal proceedings; protect our rights; protect our security and the security of our customers, employees, and property; respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; address legal and regulatory compliance; respond to an emergency; and notify you of product recalls or safety
7. Who We Share Information With
- Our family of brands and companies, owned or controlled by us, including our affiliates, parents, and subsidiaries;
- Parties to business transactions such as those we deal with in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales of assets, reorganizations, divestitures, dissolutions, bankruptcies, liquidations, or other types of business transactions. In these types of transactions, personal information may be shared, sold, or transferred, and it may be used subsequently by a third party;
- Additional third parties such as law enforcement, government entities, courts, or other third parties as required or allowed by applicable law, such as for the legal, protection, and safety purposes described under the “How We Use Information” section above, or otherwise to help prevent harm or fraud to us, you, our customers, or other third parties. We also may share personal information with third parties upon your request or with your approval, though we may not be able to accommodate all requests. Finally, we may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
8. Security, Protection and Storage of Your Personal Data
We take the security of your personal information seriously and use reasonable electronic, personnel and physical measures to protect information from loss, theft, alteration, or misuse. However, in general, information transmitted through the Internet may not be perfectly secure, and we are unable to guarantee the security of your personal information. Please be advised that even the best security measures cannot fully eliminate all risks. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will access your information. We are not responsible for third-party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures.Wherever we or a trusted third-party service collects sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser or looking for “https” at the beginning of the website address, also known as a URL, of the web page. If you make any payments on the Site with a credit card, our payment processor stores your credit card data, ensuring that it is encrypted through PCI-DSS, then deletes the transaction information as soon as it is no longer necessary. We will never transmit sensitive financial information by email.We encourage you to take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of your account and personal information, including by doing the following:
- Reviewing your account periodically and immediately reporting any unexpected activity or unrecognized information;
- Installing the latest security updates and anti-virus software on your computer to help prevent malware and viruses;
- Using complex passwords (a minimum of 7 alpha/numeric cAsE sEnsitive characters);
- Not using the same password on more than one website;
- Not sharing your password with others;
- Password protecting your computer and mobile device;
- Signing out/logging off of website sessions so that your session is closed, especially when using a public computer.
We are dedicated to protecting all personal information as is necessary. However, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your personal information by keeping your password confidential. You should change your password immediately if you believe someone has gained unauthorized access to it or your account. If you learn of any incident involving the loss of or unauthorized access to or disclosure of personal information that is in our custody, you should notify us immediately.
9. Your Choices and Access Requests
You have the right to request we disclose what personal information we collect, use, or disclosed, and we strive to offer you choices about how personal information is used and shared. Your choices include:
- Social Media Platforms and Networks. We encourage you to review your privacy options and settings with the social media platforms and networks you use to understand what choices you have about sharing information from those platforms and networks with us.
- Email Choices. You can opt-out of marketing or advertising emails by using the “unsubscribe” link or mechanism noted in marketing or advertising emails you receive from us. You may also request to opt-out of marketing or advertising emails by contacting us through one of the methods specified in the “Contact Us” section below and sharing the email address at which you are receiving marketing or advertising emails.
- Access Requests. If you have registered for an online account, we allow you to access and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by logging into your online account and using the features and functionalities available there. Unless alternate procedures are noted for your state in the “Notices, Disclosures, and Jurisdiction-Specific Rights” section below, you may also make a request for access to your personal information by sending an email or writing to us at the address specified in the “Contact Us” section below. Only you, or a person legally authorized to act on your behalf (an “Authorized Agent”), may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. We are not able to grant all access requests, and we may request additional information from you in order to verify your identity before accommodating an access request.
- Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information. You have the right to request deletion of your personal information. You can request the deletion of your personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Personal Information Deletion” or using the Contact Us form in the Help Menu located at the bottom right of the Site. Only you, or an Authorized Agent may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information.
You may have additional rights in the state in which you reside. Please see the “Notices, Disclosures, and Jurisdiction-Specific Rights” section below for additional information.
10. Updating your Personal Information
It is important that the information contained in our records is both accurate and current. If your personal information happens to change during the course of our relationship, please keep us informed of such changes.
11. Notices, Disclosures, and Jurisdiction – Specific Rights
- Links to Other Websites and Services. Our Site may provide links to other Internet sites, content, or videos (embedded or direct links) maintained by third parties. We are not responsible for the sites, content, or videos accessed via the links and we have not reviewed the privacy practices of those third parties. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of those third parties.
- Browsers Do Not Track Signals. While we strive to offer you choices when you use our Site and Services, we do not promise that we will be able to receive or honor web browser Do Not Track signals.
- California Privacy Rights. Please see the “Your California Privacy Rights” section, below.
- International Customers. If you provide personal information through our Site separate from a purchase, you agree that the personal information will be transferred to and processed in the United States of America and any other country or jurisdiction at our sole discretion. The laws that apply to the use and protection of personal information in the United States or other countries or jurisdictions in which we transfer or process personal information may be different than the laws and protections in your country.
- European Privacy Rights. If you are a data subject in Europe, you have the right to access, rectify, or erase any personal data we have collected about you through the Site or Services. You also have the right to data portability and the right to restrict or object to our processing of personal data we have collected about you through the Site or Services. In addition, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data (or provide it to third parties to process) for marketing purposes or purposes materially different than for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you. You may withdraw your consent at any time for any data processing we do based on consent you have provided to us. Please note, however, that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before such withdrawal, nor the processing of personal information done in reliance on certain grounds other than consent. If you have any issues with our compliance, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a European supervisory authority
To exercise any of these rights, contact us at the address set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below and specify which right you intend to exercise. We will respond to your request within thirty (30) days. In addition, we may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we store information, as necessary, to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, and may continue to retain and use the information even after a data subject request for purposes of our legitimate interests, including, as necessary, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and enforce our agreements.
12. Your California Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act grants California residents the following rights with respect to your personal information. The right: (1) to update or amend personal information that we have collected about you if it is inaccurate or incomplete; (2) to request that we disclose the personal information that we hold about you; (3) to request the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected; (4) to request the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information; (5) to request the commercial purpose for collecting your personal information; (6) to request the categories of personal information sold and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold; (7) to request that we erase or restrict personal information; (8) to object to the processing of your personal information with respect to direct marketing purposes; and (9) not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your privacy rights. You also have the right to designate an Authorized Agent to make a request on your behalfTo exercise your California privacy rights, submit a request by email@example.com
and provide the information required. Once we receive your request, we will validate the information that you provide with the information we have collected and send a message to the email address you provide in the request, requesting you to verify that it is your email address. Please follow the instructions in that email to verify your email address. We will begin processing your request once you verify your email address. If you maintain a password-protected account with our Site, we may verify your identity through our existing authentication practices for your consumer account.We do not sell, trade, otherwise transfer your personal information outside of the situations detailed above, so we do not have an opt-out. If you have questions about these practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Data Protection Officer
If you have questions or comments about this notice you may contract Data Protection Officer at:
1World Swiss SA
Rue de la Mercerie 12 2
c/o Drys Fiduciare SA
14. Right to Non-Discrimination
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the California ConsumerPrivacy Act or GDPR. Unless permitted by the Act, we will not:
- Deny you products or Services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for products or Services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- Provide you with a different level or quality of products or Services.
- Suggest that you will receive a different price or rate for products or Services or a different level or quality of products or Services.
15. Your Rights with Respect to Your Personal Data; Data Protection Rights
- Right to Request Deletion of Data. You may ask us to delete your personal information. In such event we will respect your decision and delete said information, subject to certain exceptions under relevant law, including the exercise of another visitor to their right of free speech and compliance requirements.
- Right to be Informed. In most cases, you have a right to know how and whether we collect your information. This includes the right to know, among other things, whether we collect and use your personal information, the categories of personal information we collect, the purposes for which such information is used, whether we sell your personal information to third parties, and the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- Data Protection Rights.
- The Right to Access: you may request that the Company provide you copies of your personal data;
- The Right to Rectification: You have the right to request that the Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate,
- The Right to Erasure: You have the right to request that our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to object to the Company’s processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to the Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that the Company transfer data it has collected to another organization or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- Request. You may submit a request by sending an email to email@example.com, or using he Contact Us form in the Help Menu located at the bottom right of the Site.
17. Terms of Service
We recognize the need to develop electronic and information technology products and services that are accessible and usable by all people, including those with disabilities and special needs. We provide technical and customer support to accommodate the needs of users with disabilities and address issues related to the accessibility of 1World’s Site and Services.These services include:
- Customer Technical Support to answer general and/or technical questions
- Contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help Menu located at the bottom right of the site
- Available 24/7, excluding some holidays
- General Product Information
January 25, 2022